Christmas Gift Ideas All Wrapped Up!
Christmas day is looming and deciding what to buy, where to buy, how much to spend and wonder if they will like it is motivation enough to throw your hands in air and put it in the diary for next week. Or possibly the week after.
In a world of mass-produced, poor quality disposable “stuff” many people are consciously choosing to purchase gifts with a little more thought and a lot more longevity to them.
A huge number of gifts are returned to stores on Boxing Day simply because purchasers were either:
- Way off base on what the recipient likes.
- Or the receiver had a specific brand/model in mind and the gift simply wasn’t it.
For all you statistical nuts out there, below are what are believed to be the top 5 returned Christmas gifts, plus a trusted alternative to lessen the chances of falling into one of the two “issues” above.
- Beauty and cosmetics approx 10% returned. Alternative: a beauty subscription box
- Kitchen and bath items (approx 13% returned). Alternative: nicely wrapped wine or craft beer selection.
- Electronics (approx 14% returned). Alternative Electronic store gift card
- Toys and Games (approx 16% returned). Alternative: Books - tons of great children’s books in all reading abilities.
- Clothing and shoes (around a huge 62% are returned). Alternative: Accessories, and best of all that “make” an outfit.
Fear not - we've collated a selection of presents for girlfriends, boyfriends, fiancee, mother, sister, brother, and Nana and to make it even easier our suggestions have been organised into four different price brackets, depending on how good the lucky person has been.
At Walker and Hall we love to get into the spirit of giving. From the end of November, Walker and Hall are gifting each customer (who spends $180 or over) an elegant travel jewellery box. With a removable pouch and a secure compartment, this box is perfect for small items together with space for bangles, rings, earrings and necklaces. The 1899 printed on the top is significant year to us as this is when Walker and Hall was first established.
Girlfriend: Meadowlark Protea Micro Studs
Boyfriend: Stainless Steel Black Rectangle Cufflinks
Fiancee: Boh Runga Lil Hugs & Kisses Ring
Mother : Walker & Hall Gift Voucher
Grandmother: Akoya pearl studs
Girlfriend: Stolen Girlfriends Club Stolen Heart Bracelet
Boyfriend: Fossil Grant Watch
Grandmother: Pewter Beaded Jewellery Box
$201- $500 Range
Girlfriend: Karen Walker Runaway Girl necklace
Boyfriend: Daniel Wellington Classic Sheffield Watch
Fiancee: Meadowlark Crescent Solitaire Ring
Mother: Diamond Letter Pendant
Brother: Huffer Repeat Men's Ring
Grandmother: Skagen Freja Watch
Girlfriend: Diamond Rosette Ring
Boyfriend: Yellow Gold Signet Ring
Fiancee: Meadowlark Curved Eternity Band
Sister: Diamond Bolo Bracelet
Mother: Diamond Galaxy Studs
Grandmother: Byzatine Bracelet
We hope this has given you the inspiration to steer away from a fleeting gift. If you would like to see these pieces up close, the majority are available at your nearest Walker and Hall store today.